FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- Why publishing a high quality collaboration profile makes sense?
- How does the matchmaking work?
- How can I register to the event?
- What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Who is the Participant?
- What is the meaning of "support office"?
- Password forgotten?
- Collaboration Profiles - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
- Is it possible to modify my profile?
- How can I book meetings?
- Can I refuse a meeting request?
Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- None? Have you activated the B2B meeting checkboxes?
Only a few? - The better your profile the more meeting requests you will receive.
Often companies want to bypass the registration quickly and do not insert meaningful and qualitative
organisation descriptions and collaboration wishes (I am offering ..., I am looking for ...)
A low quality profile doesn't animate other companies to get in contact with you.
Why publish a high quality collaboration profile?
- Cooperation profiles give you the opportunity to publish and promote your collaboration wishes before and after the event.
- Event participants - but also any other web user! - can find and read your organisation details and your published cooperation wishes.
- A statistical analysis of 500 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times.
- The better your profile the more meeting requests you will receive at the end.
How does the matchmaking work?
At on-site matchmaking events people meet and greet at high speed. Bilateral meetings are set for 15 minutes, which is usually enough to forge business/research/technological connections. In your online meeting tool, a visible timer indicates when the meeting time is up.
Each participant registers with a cooperation profile which will be displayed on this website. Each participant can select online meetings with other participants they would like to talk to via video chats. A few days before the event, each participant will receive a meeting schedule, showing WHO he will meet and WHEN.
What are the benefits of participating in the matchmaking event?
All participants can present their
expertise/projects/technologies online for an extended time period. Participants may send messages to each other as soon as they are registered. A matchmaking event therefore presents a
very efficient and focused way of finding new collaboration partners.
How can I register for the event?
Click on the green button "Register" on the startpage to start the registration process.
What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Form 1: Event sessions, remarks for the event organisers.
- Form 2: Contact data (Person and Company) - Give some information about the organisation you are working for, its focus and areas of activity.
- Form 3: Collaboration profile (if you attend the matchmaking sessions)
This is VERY IMPORTANT in order to receive many and high qualified meeting requests
Properly fill in the cooperation profile and give details on e.g. technology/product/project, innovative aspects, current stage of development and the target partner sought.
The cooperation profile is your virtual business card - the higher the quality, the more participants will select you for bilateral meetings!
Who is the Participant?
The Participant is the person who will participate in the matchmaking and who is responsible for the inserted profiles. Participants should indicate their contact details (especially email and mobile phone number) to be directly informed about registration, agendas, changes in the event set-up.
What is the meaning of "support office"?
"Support Office" are mostly Enterprise Europe Network offices (Chamber of Commerces, technology agencies, etc.) which support companies in doing international business free of charge. If your region is not listed in the drop-down menue, please select "Other".
You can choose a password during the registration process.
Click on the Login button. Click on "Forgot password?" and use this link to receive an email with further instructions.
PS: The registration email contains a so-called "Autologin Link". Via this link you can directly sign-in to your personal dashboard without entering your email address and password.
How to change the password?
Please log in with your Autologin link (you will find it in the email you received after your registration) and go to Change Password
Collaboration Profiles - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
Yes, it is. Every participant has the possibility to insert several
profiles. Please note that profiles are associated with participants.
The same organisation can be registered several times with different participants (contact persons).
Is it possible to modify my profile?
Yes, it is. Log in via the Login button or the Autologin link you have received with your registration email.
In your personal dashboard you can use the tabs to modify any of the content you have already inserted.
When will my profile be available online? Every profile will be quality checked by the event organiser.
If it meets the quality criteria, it will be put online. If not, you will be contacted by the event organiser to adjust your profile.
How can I book meetings?
- Select the link "Participants" from the main menue.
- Use the green button "Book meetings" which you can find on each participant's profile.
Yes of course.
- In your Dashboard select the Tab "Meetings" to list all meeting requests (own bookings and guest bookings).
- Use the button "Reject" to refuse a meeting request.